Asian Hawkers Market, a unique and one of it’s kind al fresco food festival is back in Select City Walk to lure us to dig into some delicious Asian delicacies.
Luckily Delhi has a great variety of Pan-Asian options and this festival brings the best of Chinese, Thai, Japanese and South-East Asian food under one umbrella.
The three day long fiesta started yesterday in full swing with crowds gushing to devour their favorite Asian delicacy, inspite of the scorching heat in the afternoon and crowd in the evening.
With around 30 restaurants participating, I have trickled down a list of must-try restaurants at AHM, which will surely satiate all your cravings for everything Asian(food!) possible and more!
1. Neung Roi and ThaiCrate: The only two stalls serving specifically authentic Thai food, Neung Roi and ThaiCrate are the places that you should look forward to for some raw papaya salad, spring rolls, pad Thai and Thai red curry!
2. Pa Pa Ya: A celebrated Asian restaurant of Mumbai, which will soon be opening it’s gates for Delhi in Nov(Hopefully. Fingers crossed!) is here to give a glimpse of what we should be expecting. Don’t forget to try their chili duck dog!
3. Wai Wai City: We’ve all loved to have these raw with masala and spicy oil that came along! But now we can go noodles with the first noodle bar of Delhi. Open in Hauz Khas Village, Wai Wai City offers some great options to choose from at a price that wouldn’t burn a hole in your pocket. Eat them raw or cooked or mix ’em both at AHM.
4. WokMe: A QSR opening next week in Aurobindo Market(opposite summer house cafe), WokMe is here to allure us with their delicious meal boxes and spring rolls. Get yourself a bowl of rice or some flat noodles, top them up with some chilli jam(you SHOULD try this) and peanuts and you’ll be good to go. Don’t miss onto this stall, unless you want to regret later on!
5. Big Fat Sandwich: Going overboard with Asian grub? Get a quick deviation with some juicy sandwiches at BFS. Go in with suggestions from the owner and you wouldn’t regret! Note: Share this with your friends because you wouldn’t want to be belly-full at AHM.
6. To be healthy and Bonhomia: Looking for thirst quenchers? Don’t look beyond cold pressed juices from To Be Healthy or some cold coffee by Bonhomia. Anarchy at TBH and Tiramisu shake at Bonhomia will keep you going!
7. DimCha and Asian Haus/Sushi Haus: Coming over to a festival that celebrates Asian food and not digging into some steaming hot dim sums or carefully crafted sushi’s would be no less than a sin. Don’t be a sinner and binge onto some delicious chicken dim sums at DimCha while you master your chopstick skills with California roll from Sushi haus.
8. Bombakery: Because desserts are love and you just cannot ignore the beautiful bite-sized muffins or colorful macarons. After battling the blend of all the textures, meats, vegetables and spices in Asian food, coax your tastebuds with Bombakerys sweet offerings. Your visit to AHM will get a stamp of success when you end with their red velvet cupcake or nutella cupcake or blueberry cheesecake or lemon tart or chocolate tart or dark chocolate cupcake or macarons or cookies or….
With only two more days left, go and try the above and just in case you find something great that I didn’t try, well then just let me know 😀
Happy Asian-ing Folks!
Ps: The above list is in random order and has not been ranked.